It’s that time of year when cranberry sauce is readily available – shop bought, or home-made. It doesn’t just have to be served with turkey though, as it makes delicious company for a good, soft French cheese like Brie.
75g Brie cheese (or Camembert)
2 thick slices white crusty bread
1 tbsp cranberry sauce
1 tbsp butter, softened
1 dash balsamic vinegar
1. Spread the Camembert evenly onto one slice of bread.
2. Spread a thin layer of cranberry sauce over the cheese and then drizzle with a few drops of balsamic vinegar,
3. Top with the remaining slice of bread.
4. Spread butter on the outer sides of each slice of bread before heating a frying pan over medium heat.
5. Fry the sandwich for a few minutes on each side, just until golden brown.